Friday, April 20, 2012

Update of other projects.


Here are some pictures of other items we have made but haven’t posted a full article on. This year I grew my own fennel seeds. It’s not the same fennel plant as the one that resembles celery. This plant is called a bronze fennel plant and it produces' seeds in late fall.




 




 
Here is a shot of our drying chamber with lardo, sopperssata, coppa and a parmesan style cheese we made. It will age about 9 months.





 

 









I also made my own torrone, a popular Italian nougat candy. It makes a perfect Christmas gift. You will need a candy thermometer, my first batch turned into marshmallow.



 
 

 
 
 
And lastly we made some limoncello, stuff peppers with prosciutto, maple cured bacon and some fruit wine.

 
 
 
 
 












No comments:

Post a Comment